Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Emotion

Emotions ... we all have them. An emotion is what we feel as a reaction to an event in the past or anticipate of what's to come in the future - "a movement of feelings". As fully functional human beings we face them daily in all aspects of life, however, what separates us is how we choose to handle them. Some people express them completely and openly, while others tend to hide them and suppress them.I feel that I am fairly logical and rational when it comes to dealing with emotions. I can confront them analytically, reason them out and put them in their place. However, recently this has been hard to do. In the last week many emotions that I have never really encountered before have collided leaving me floundering for a foothold. The mixture of emotions from thoughts of returning to the US, saying "sagol" to people here, and my grandpa passing away are just a few that have left me responding in an emotion-less way.
While I continue to figure out where these movement of feelings will end up, I am thankful that my relationship with my Heavenly Father is not based on foundation-less emotion!

No comments:

Post a Comment