Tuesday, September 21, 2010

People

I love people! I love talking to people! This week we had some visitors from Minnesota and whether they liked it or not, they were my instant friends. I got to join them for most of their activities and they welcomed me as part of the group. I didn't realize how much I had been craving the close community or deep levels of conversation until they came. Super encouraging!

The day before they left, we spent some time in the mountains. We even played frisbee golf!







But I am learning a new level of communication when talking is not an option. For me here communication is non-existant or minimal at best! On Sunday evening I was invited to a brother's friend's birthday kabob dinner. I had a good time even though I could understand what was going on most of the time. The food was good and they were patient enough to teach me a Russian card game! (Translated: Fool)


Fortunately, they eat cake for birthdays here ... but I am still getting the hang of the obsessive drinking of tea!



1 comment:

  1. You were a people person from day one! Once you learned to talk conversation just came naturally. You will learn to converse with those around you, but it may be in a totally new way.

    ReplyDelete