Thursday, September 2, 2010

Here I am!

3 flights, 2 long layovers and a car ride = 48 LONG hrs of traveling

And it's finally over! Horray!
Although, it wasn't all bad. Traveling for a long time by yourself opens many opportunities to make friends.


On my long layover in Washington D.C., I wandered through National Park with two new friends Raquel of Spain and Carlos of Argentina!






And while we wandered I was dragging my suitcase! I say "dragging" because the airport didn't have places for us to leave our luggage and because one wheel wouldn't roll! (and it was SUPER heavy!) Here is what the wheel looked like after my excursion ... keep in mind it was a perfectly round wheel before:



My adventures continued when I met my Polish friend Agnes on the plane to Frankfurt. She was my row buddy and my airport buddy till she left for Warsaw (sorry no picture). Then I slept in a corner on the floor and kicked my feet back in McDonalds till it was time for my flight.

Once there, I got through Visa and Passport Control with no problem and my friends were faithfully there waiting on me! I slept very soundly that night ... through the street drag racing outside my window and the 7 month old nightly cries ... and the next day the 4 of us ventured on 7hr car ride to the city I will be staying in! (Fortunately the AC decided to work an hour into the trip!) PtL!!!

After a delicious, American-style meal from our friends, I went to bed exhausted yet again, but slept fitfully this time ... darn jet-lag!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Roomie! So glad to hear you made it safely. I was thinking and praying for you. I am so excited to hear what God does through you there. I know He is so faithful and I am thankful you were already able to make some friends just raveling! Somehow.. that doesn't surprise me. :) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi friend!!! So glad you made it there!!! You are making friends and starting new adventures already!! I am glad you created this little blog..I will try my best to be faithful and keep up on it!!! Praying for you today! Excited that you will get to see Pastor Nate and Pastor Mark too, how great!! I think I am going to make some of your hummus today, Carolyn gave me the recipe..I will think of you while eating it!! Ok, bye for now! Jenna

    ReplyDelete