My perspective of teaching ... in a language not native to the students:
T - time consuming
E - exhausting!!!
A - authoritative, something that isn't natural to me
C - challenging
H - high levels of creativity needed, daily
I - intentionality combined with discipline ... tough
N - eNjoyable ... in it's own way :)
G - gets me into "their" world
Last week was my first week teaching both of my English classes. I teach one class of 5 adults (age 22+) on MWF mornings for 2 hrs from one set of materials and another class of 12 children (age 13-15) those same afternoons for 2hrs from another set of materials!
The preparation is very time consuming at this point considering lesson planning is extremely new to me and to ensure they understand what I am saying and teaching in class requires a lot of effort on my part.
However, I am truly enjoying the challenge and the priveledge of teaching here! The students are eager to learn and practice their English, as well as learn about life / ways in the West. So opportunities for conversations of all sorts abound!
Praises to our Father for His continuous and unconditional Love, Compassion and Favor!
No comments:
Post a Comment