Friday, April 15, 2011

someone who really cares

Wouldn't life be simpler if we didn't give a care?
If we could move along without a thought or not have to be aware?
Everyone would be care free and happy
without having those daily troubles.
In times of hardship it wouldn't matter
and no one would think of those struggles.
"But would life be better without those times or thoughts?"
The dead man thinks as he lies in his casket and rots.
There'd be no one to help and no need to either;
No one to complain to or flatter.
But either way in life, who really cares?
Because when one thinks about it, this life doesn't matter.

~By someone who really cares

(Written for me by someone I love immensely in August 2007)

This poem marks Psalm 103:1-5, a passage that I memorized and return to often when I begin to lose focus or become discouraged. It reminds me what is true and what is truly important.

2 comments:

  1. That's a quality poem you have there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was hoping you recognized it! I find it occasionally ... it has been in my Bible these 4 years!

    ReplyDelete