Friday, January 14, 2011

"Per-osh-kee"

A simple word you will want to know how to pronounce if you ever visit this part of the world! It's a food so important to the youth and average Joe of this country that when a student asked me how we make them in America and I had to tell her we didn't .... she was shocked!

~"per-osh-kee"~ a word that will make your taste-buds dance and your arteries moan! It is a flat, elongated piece of fried dough that has mashed potatoes with greens inside! (they also make them with meat, but I haven't been able to pull myself away from the others to try them)
The are eaten at anytime of the day and sold at stands about every block. People eat them plain, with salt or with a sort of ketchup. Anyway, they are heavenly when fresh and warm!!!

(For those of you now wishing you could come visit me, don't fret! I will try to learn the most accurate way to make them!)

1 comment:

  1. you get to make me per-osh-kee and i will make you soft pap or normal pap with green chicken! yummi!

    ReplyDelete