Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
“Grace and peace to you from God the Father and our Lord Jesus Christ. (Eph. 1:2)”
As you may know a few months ago, I had the privilege of traveling half-way around the world to experience a part of God’s heart I had never encountered before. I went on a short-term mission’s trip through my home church to the Caspian. (CPC) has a strategic partnership with a family, with whom my team stayed and ministered alongside. While there, I was able to experience life in a Muslim culture, encourage the missionaries, and interact with some of the students attending an English training school.
Even though I was only there for a week, I got to know a few of the female students fairly well because they joined us for many of our activities and invited us into their homes to experience amazing hospitality! Getting to know these young women and hearing about their way of life sparked a desire in my heart to be able to pour out God’s pure, long-lasting, unconditional love to them. For this reason, ever since coming back home, I have had an ache to return … and now God has provided that opportunity!
I have decided to return this fall to teach English at a training School for the next year. With the full blessing and support CPC’s Global Outreach Department, I will be teaching two higher level English courses from September through June, as well as working in close partnership with the family from CPC who is already established in the city. Teaching English gets me into the country and provides a foundation for building relationships. Ultimately, I want to be available to love on and share the gospel with the young women I come in contact with. What form this ministry takes will be up to God and how He chooses to move in the lives of these women; I am open to however He chooses to lead.
As you have probably guessed by now, I am sharing this part of my heart with you because I want you, as apart of the body of Christ, to share in what God is doing in the Caspian. Most importantly, I and the Caspian people need your prayers! Pray for the dark, closed region of the Caspian that the Holy Spirit would continue His work there. Pray that God would begin to move in the hearts of the young women, even now, and prepare my heart in order to best interact with them. Pray for specific details surrounding my trip such as housing, transportation, money and everything else to fall into place in the next two months.
In addition to the powerful prayer of God’s righteous people, however, I also need your financial support. This is hard for me to ask, but I remember that I am not asking you to give money to me. I am asking you to travel to the Caspian with me, to interact and love on the young women with me, and to share the truth of Jesus Christ to an unreached nation. Thankfully, the needs of living in this part of the world are minimal. With some help, I determined that $600/month plus approximately $3,000 travel and visa expenses would put me at needing $10,000 for the entire time I am there. I am asking you to give generously what the Lord has place on your heart to give for His glory.
Even if you are unable to support me financially, I can not emphasize enough how much I covet your prayers leading up to and during my time in the Caspian. I would also encourage you to keep in touch with me on how God is moving in the lives of the people through e-mail, blogging and Skype (internet phone).
Thank you so much for your impact in my life and your commitment to glorifying the Lord. My prayer for you is that the Lord would continue to grow and strengthen your faith in Him as you continue to live out your obedience to Him!
In Him who is able to do immeasurably more than we can ask or imagine,
~Julie Sandefur
e-mail: thecaspianjs@gmail.com
blog: thecaspianjs.blogspot.com
skype: junicofur
No comments:
Post a Comment