Friday, July 1, 2011

the end is just a new beginning

A week ago I returned to the USA from the Caspian. My last week in the Caspian was filled with painful goodbyes, but also hopeful see you laters. I was able to see and hangout with many people for the last time; puting a good closure on the life I had there. Here is a picture of some friends, both local and foreign.
Since returning my brain has often wandered into it's analytical processing state: What exactly did I experience and what do I do with it now? How can I reconcile the two worlds in which I live, cause I can't possibly see how they can exist together? How do I not let myself forget all that I learned and experienced - especially the friends I left behind? What in the world am I going to do now in my culture that connects what I learned and how I feel about life from this experience?
God puts you in places to change yourself. Sometimes we may think we are going somewhere and doing something for the benefit of others, but in reality we get more and grow more than we could have imagined as a result. This happened to me. I am glad it happened and I hope it keeps happening.
I am SO thankful for being able to have this experience in the Caspian and I hope it was even as slightly as beneficial to others as it was to me. Thank you God for revealing to me different aspects of your character in different ways while I was there and thank you for showing me your unimaginable, unlimiting love for the people of the Caspian!

No comments:

Post a Comment