Monday, May 9, 2011

A sad, sad day

Friday was a beautiful day full of possibilities! It being the warmest it's been this spring, I excited dug out my CHACOs! Now for those of you who don't know what chacos are and have never had the immense pleasure of doing many things in them, let me enlighten you:
Chacos are a sandal, but not just any sandal. They are a sport sandal that can do anything anywhere! I have had one pair for 5 years and in that time they have backpacked mountains, traveled all over Europe, and taken anywhere I wanted to go April-November giving me sensational support and comfort all the time!

Now for the sad part ... despite all of this, they are not invincible. On Friday, after my toes endured a long winter with anticipation, they broke. Part of the sole on my right sandal had been worn too thin and ... sigh. I will miss you my first pair of faithful chacos!
Although this is a crushing blow, never fear! I shall not be held low! For upon my return to the US, I will actively seek out a new recruit to carry on my footwear legacy of CHACOS!
(If any one stumbles across a pair at a good price, and they aren't pink, let me know!)

1 comment:

  1. Oh this is terribly depressing! I guess it was only a matter of time though... ;) Now you just have to hang in there until your return!

    ReplyDelete